OUR MISSION: Helping people treasure God above all else. We want to challenge people and help people live an epic life for an epic God. Isaiah 26:8 is one of our favorite verses to guide us: “your name and renown is the desire of our hearts.” In other words, God and His renown (His fame) is what we desire above anything else.
- The Gospel changes everything: The Gospel is the good news about what God has done in Jesus to rescue His creation from sin. Jesus, the Son of God, came to earth as a man, lived a sinless life, died to pay for our sins, rose three days later, ascended into heaven and is coming back one day. He offers new life to all who repent of sin and believe in Him. If we embrace this Gospel, it changes everything. It changes who we are and how we live. It affects every area of our lives. The Gospel transforms people and communities.
- Mission: God has called us to go into all the world and make disciples. We are sent into the world to be a blessing, to share the Gospel and to make disciples of all nations. We have a passion to bless our community in tangible ways, to train our people to live as missionaries in their communities, and to go around the world to make Jesus known among the nations, specifically among unreached people groups.
- Shared life: we want to share our lives with one another. We will pour our lives into other people and invite others into our lives. This requires investment and authenticity.
- God’s fame above all else: We seek God’s glory and fame above all else. We live to make Jesus look like the ultimate treasure that He really is.
- Multiplication of disciples and churches: Jesus told His followers, “follow me and fish.” In other words, be my disciple and make more disciples. The Great Commission says, “go and make disciples of all nations…” We are called to multiply. Followers of Jesus multiply and so do healthy churches. We want to multiply on the micro and macro level (individuals, groups, leaders, churches).
- The Word of God and prayer: the Word of God and prayer formed the foundation of the early church. They gathered together regularly to pray, study Scripture, and fellowship together. EPIC values the Word of God and prayer as foundational to everything that we do.